To build a gender just society where girls and boys, women and men are equally valued and have equal chances to a life of dignity.
- To bring together stakeholders from diverse fields to collectively fight against declining CSR and create an enabling environment for women and girls by challenging deep-rooted patriarchy.
- To raise the accountability of the state machinery to implement all gender related laws and policies in the country.
To arrest the decline in the number of girls; and develop positive attitudes, policies and practices with regard to them.
Using a comprehensive, multi-layered and multi-pronged approach, the initiative has four key objectives:
- Challenge patriarchy and its manifestations in government policies, programmes and schemes to ensure equal opportunities for women and girls.
- Ensure effective and accountable implementation of the PCPNDT Act.
- Ensure that declining child sex ratio is a critical agenda of the public domain through proactive engagement with influential social and political formations, and
- Strengthen and build coalitions with civil society networks and alliances.
- An inclusive space with certain non-negotiable.
- A platform approach - openness to different ideas.
- Move towards building alliances and networks.
- Reach out to new actors leading to expansion.
- Decentralization as core value of the coalition.
- Adapt a multilayered and multipronged strategy.
- Willingness to work under the leadership of others and adding our voice to existing campaigns.
- Confront and engage.
- Build partnerships with government.
- No compromise on the sexual and reproductive rights of women.
- No compromise on safe and legal abortion.
- No interaction that deepens and reinforces patriarchy directly or indirectly.
- No use of terminologies that comprise womenâ€™s access to safe and legal abortion.
- Exercising caution in working with religious and spiritual leaders.