Post Vacant: Communication Officer
Girls Count is seeking to appoint a communication officer (full-time, consultant) for its office located in Jangpura-B, New Delhi. The candidate should be able to work with the team in designing advocacy and people centered campaign strategies and execute activities. S/he is also expected to provide editorial and production support for the development of print and online communications, advocacy and knowledge products, including newsletters, reports and IEC materials.
Professional competencies and personal attributes:
- A post graduate degree in mass communication/public relations/development communication.
- Should have at least 1 year of experience of working on women and gender issues.
- Should have good communication skills both in English and Hindi.
- Should have strong writing and analytical skills.
- Should be a team worker and open to travel as and when required.
- Software skills that are required to produce communication materials and knowledge of photography/videography is desirable.
- Provide support to the team in carrying out activities related to communications, advocacy and networking.
- Expand campaigns and contribute to campaigning strategies.
- Coordinate, manage and liaise with organisations, networks and campaigns to expand the coalition’s presence.
- Monitor and analyse issues related to patriarchy, gender, women, declining child sex ratio, sex selection etc.
- Write and edit content for website, press releases, quarterly newsletters, quarterly reports and other publications.
- Organise meetings and public events.
- Design campaigning materials such as brochures, posters, pamphlets, handouts etc.
- Conceptualize, shoot and edit issued based promotional videos (desirable).
- Manage content on website on a regular basis.
- Design and develop infographics for website and social media regularly.
- Design and run social media campaigns through Girls Count website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and ensure online presence on a day to day basis.
Experience: Minimum 1 year of experience in NGO
Salary: As per experience
Application: Interested candidates can send in their resume by 10th of November, 2017 with two references indicating notice period to email@example.com with the subject line indicating ‘Communication Officer – Girls Count’.